Get a quote
Having any kind of pest is a horror dream. Having pests means, finding destroyed things at different corners of the home, spilled food here and there, and most horrifically getting infected with some kind of unknown disease.
Even though termites don’t spread diseases but all the other allegations against termites are true. Not only that but they are solely responsible for damaging our pricy furniture. That’s why when there is a termite infestation, it’s better to call an affordable termites treatment near me.
There are 2000 different termite breeds in the world but not all of them attack homes. Hence, it is better to identify only those breeds of termites that are commonly found in residential areas. Take a look at the below list to identify the termite breed you are hosting in your home.
- Drywood Termites- As the name is suggesting, this type of termite attacks dry wood. These termites often infest on the wooden wall support and roof materials or a dead tree around the home.
- Subterranean Termites- These are the most commonly find termites. These infest in moist areas and underground colonies, where they can breed up to 2 million members. Subterranean termites build tubes out of the mud to reach food resources and gain protection from open air. These termites are also the most destructive ones.
- Formosan Termites- This termite species is a very aggressive and devious one. And because of their aggressive nature, these termites are hard to control. They travel through the soil as they can organize huge underground colonies and build mud nests inside the walls.
- Dampwood Termites- These termites infest on the wood with high moisture, just like the name is stating. Hence, these termites generally don’t infest on stable and durable furniture or structure, so no need to call the best termite control near me at first.
Prevention Methods Of Termite Infestation
All these tips are applicable as pre-construction tips, as termite travel through soil.
- Use paper grading and drainage to keep the sounded soil area dry, after the construction is done.
- Keep all the firewood and wood debris away from home.
- Call a professional as soon as you detect a leaking.
- Remove all the entryways that can encourage termite enterings, such as the crack in the ceiling, walls, and other gaps.
- Always keep your house under inspection so that there is no scope of termite infestation.
- Make sure that shrubs and trees are not too closely planted to the house; also ensure not trees are not growing very close to your house.
Don’t forget to call the best termite inspection near me when the situation is beyond home remedies. It will be the best decision to make when you already have termite problems.